Prizes. Free food & swag. Bragging rights. Friends. Fun.Organized by CUNY Startups, Macaulay Honors College and students from various CUNY schools, the CUNY Hackathon unites students from 25 CUNY schools to work on innovative solutions in Health, Finance, the Arts, Social Impact, and the Environment. It will be an incredible 3 days of hacking. Work together on a team to build something cool.
Prizes for ALL categories will be announced on Sunday October 20th around 2:55pm. Even if you’re not in the top 10 stick around, you can still win great prizes.
Day 1 - Friday, October 18 - 4pm-midnight
Day 2 - Saturday, October 19 - 9am -midnight
Day 3 - Sunday, October 20 - 9am - 3pm
Hack challenges in 5 themes: Health, Finance, Social Good, Arts, and the Environment.
29-hour sprint of ideas & coding.
- A team must have a minimum of 2 - 5 people.
- All members of a team must be current CUNY students (CUNY student IDs are required at check-in).
- All team members have to attend all 3 days of the Hackathon.
- Project must be relevant to the theme.
Project Manager / Kitamba
Software Developer and Developer Advocate / IBM
University Dean for Continuing Education and Workforce Development / CUNY
DevOps Tech Lead Manager / Google
1st stage: Judges will review your work & you have 3 min to present, 3 min for Q&A. The top 10 projects will move on. 2nd stage: The top ten projects present for a new set of judges. If you’re in the top 10, you’ll have 4 min to present & 3 min for Q&A
When presenting for any stage your idea you must cover:
- What’s your idea and/or what problem are you solving - What’s the most valuable thing you've learned at the Hackathon - Demo the product (no sign-in screen)